The boys soccer team just won sectionals! First they played against Manchester, and then defeated Concordia in the championship game. They had a very good season with only a couple of losses and a lot of good memories along the way. Everyone on the team is excited and is hoping to go far in these state competitions. Regionals are this tonight at Garret High School. They face Lakewood Park at 5:00 p.m. Come out and support your Braves! The following is an interview conducted with seniors Graham Brown and Daniel Bone; the two goalies on the team.
The team after their big win at sectionals
Is everyone on the team close?
- Graham – “Yeah we bond pretty well. We pray before the games so we connect really well through that.”
How do you think your team did this year in the regular season?
- Graham – “Well we only lost about 3 games so I’d say we did pretty well.”
Is there a specific reason you like playing soccer?
- Graham – “A different sport, and we don’t have to call a time out every single time our coach wants to tell us something. I like that it is a more mental sport because we all have to be focused.”
- Daniel – “It’s the closest thing to football that we have. That is why I like it.”
Do you have any special memories on the team of the past few years?
- Graham and Daniel – “When Jackson called a header for Matt Neff. He had never had a header before, and Jackson made a bet that Matt would head the ball after a corner kick, and he actually did it! Either that or when Isaac scored that super long goal. He kicked the ball from one side of the field to the other and he scored!”
You just won sectionals. Are you pretty pumped for upcoming regionals?
- Graham – “Oh yeah! We are super excited! The regional game is going to be against Lakewood Park at Garret High School at 5 p.m. Be there or be square.”