From time to time we have board positions that become available as a member’s term expires.
The board consists of nine (9) members, six (6) of whom are members of Blackhawk Ministries and up to three (3) members from area churches. Board members serve three-year terms up to a maximum of six years in succession.
We will consider any current member of our BCS Family and are seeking to identify individuals who will:
- Clearly articulate their relationship with Christ and be in agreement both in doctrine and lifestyle with Blackhawk Christian’s Statement of Faith and our Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Bring their experience and insight to the school issues and strategic planning, which are the work of the Board.
- Make a sacrifice of their time by committing to one monthly board meeting and additional participation as project assignments may request.
- Contribute their unique gifting, interests and skills for the advancement of Blackhawk Christian School.
- Support Blackhawk Christian School with financial resources as God enables them, and actively promotes support for the school in their circle of influence.
Feel free to talk with current board members for an informal discussion of their experience on the board. This would include Jill Clay, Maci Doden, Scott Figgins, Eric Hall, Jason Maley, Chris Reber, Greg Sassmannshausen, Dan Starr and Mark Zolman.
Prospective board members should submit “Board Candidate Applications” to Marilyn Knuth, Administrative Assistant, in the North Campus School Office, by April 7, 2014.
For more information regarding board member responsibilities and to obtain an application, visit our website www.blackhawkchristian.org, click on School Board in the center of the page or contact Marilyn by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 260-493-7400 x320.
Eric Hall, Chairman
Linda Pearson, Lead Administrator