October is the month for IHSAA fall season tournaments. Our teams have used the regular season to prepare for this time of year!
The following is the list of sports and upcoming events:
- Girls Golf held the 42nd State Golf Tournament last Friday and Saturday at Prairie View Golf Course in Carmel. Jaycee Bunner finished the 2-day tournament at +11 in brutal conditions. She finished tied for 10th place and good enough to place her on the All-State golf team! Great season, Jaycee. All of BCS is proud of your accomplishments! Click here to read an article about the state competition featuring Jaycee.
- Girls Soccer will open Sectional play tonight at the FW Sport Club on Ardmore Avenue against Concordia. Game time is set for 7:00pm. The Lady Braves could play again on Thursday and Saturday if they continue to win.
- Boys Soccer will host their Sectional on Wednesday night against Whitko at 5:00pm. Championship will be Saturday at 6:00pm at BCS.
- Volleyball will host South Side on Tuesday night at 6:00pm and will travel to Maconaquah on Saturday for a tournament. BCS will host Volleyball Sectionals later this month.
- Cross Country Sectionals will be Saturday at Northrop.
- Boys Tennis finished their season last Thursday at Carroll. They were defeated in the Sectional tournament by Carroll. Great season Braves!
- MS Volleyball has been having a great season! They will host Adams Central on Tuesday night at the SportONE Fieldhouse due to the elementary gym being set up for the play. Thursday’s game will be played in the HS gym.
- MS Cross Country has been busy with meets and having a lot of success as well. The team will finish their season Thursday at the Cardegle Invite.
We also have an exciting opportunity for 7th grade students. Last week, we were informed that every 7th grader in Allen, Whitley and Wells counties are eligible for a one-year complimentary membership at their local YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne branch. To get started, parents or legal guardians must provide authorization for their student’s participation, and proof of seventh-grade status. Then, parents/legal guardians and students must attend an orientation on one of the dates on the attached flyer. Orientation helps familiarize parents and students with everything the YMCA has to offer. Once orientation is completed, seventh-graders will receive their YMCA membership. If you would like more information, click here.